What does your weekend hold in store? Around here we’re baking up a storm (again) and watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (both of them, if we’re lucky). I hope these interesting reads and fun things give your day a little boost.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- 36 Great Books You Might Not Know About. There’s something for everyone!
- The ‘Call Your Girlfriend’ Co-Hosts On Maintaining Big Friendships In Hard Times. This is really helpful advice.
- I always love these seasonal sets from Sephora.
- A Side Effect of the Covid-19 Pandemic? Reading Got a Lot Harder. “‘It takes a lot of energy to live through history,’ Yaszek said.”
- How A Vegan TikTok Star Became A Daily Pick-Me-Up For Millions Of People. I’m not vegan, nor am I on TikTok, but I am in favor of people who bring joy to others.
- On living through a pandemic… “Sometimes I worry…But I don’t worry for long. Because I’ve read a lot of history, and I know that scary unknowns aren’t unique to our present circumstances.” This is good reframing.
- The reason Zoom calls drain your energy. This makes so much sense.
- 52 Places, Virtually. So many places we can explore from the comfort of our homes.
Don’t miss these posts:
- Louisville City Guide. Bookmark this for future travels to my hometown.
- 15 literary novels that will have you compulsively turning the pages. A long list of books in one of my favorite (and completely made-up) sub-genres: compulsively readable literary fiction.
- My 8 favorite spring-to-summer transition pieces. These are some of the favorite pieces I rely on to gracefully carry me from spring into summer, no matter the weather.
Have a great weekend!