When it comes to makeup, I wear the same stuff pretty much every day. I know some people love experimenting with new products and colors, trying new looks—and that’s not me.
Instead, I want reliable, dependable products that look good and go on easy so I can keep my morning makeup routine to three minutes or less. (Not an exaggeration.) That means I want high-quality products I can depend on, that work for me, that I buy over and over again.
10 favorite beauty products for everyday makeup
1. Clinique quickliner for lips. I wear this nearly every day because it works by itself or under almost any color (that I wear, at least) so I always stock up at sale time.
2. Clinique chubby stick intense. I’m not super comfortable drawing attention to my makeup, and I like the cheerful yet underestimated colors of these almost-lipsticks. My favorite colors are creamy caramel, mega melon, and broadest berry.
3. Armani luminous silk foundation. Everyone was right: this stuff is pretty great. It’s impossible to find at most makeup counters, so don’t be afraid to use the online color match tool and make use of Sephora’s excellent return policy if it doesn’t suit you. (Runner-up choice: NARS all-day luminous weightless foundation.)
4. To put on that foundation, I’m a huge fan of the original beautyblender.
5. When I want a bold lip, my always-garners-a-compliment go-to is NARS velvet matte lip pencil in Cruella. This was part of Sephora’s birthday sample set a few years ago and I loved it from day 1.
6. My not-quite-as-bold go-to, when I want a color with presence but not a RED LIP, is Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Roseberry, which I can no longer find, so I might have to branch out when my current tube is gone.
7. Sephora liquid eyeliner. My makeup application skills are minimal, so I use this method to apply eyeliner, dotting between my lashes. To pull this off, you need a liner with a very fine point, and a liquid liner makes it even easier. This one is great quality for the price, and it lasts forever.
8. You’re probably expecting me to share a mascara right here, and while I have quite a few from Sephora that I like (especially after buying this set), my go-to right now is from Target (Loreal telescopic in carbon black).
10. Not makeup, but I use Peter Thomas Roth instant mineral sunscreen nearly every day, and always stock up at sale time.
Those are MY staples. I’d love to hear about yours. Tell us in comments?
P.S. Why wearing lipstick is a small act of joyful resistance. I haven’t yet put on today’s makeup, but that sure does make me want to choose a cheerful bright lip.