Happy Friday, readers! Here in Louisville we’re waking up to our first winter snow. Sounds like reading weather to me: I have two books in progress and hope to finish both by Monday morning. Wish me luck?
I hope you have a lovely weekend in store. Here are some good reads and fun things to get you started.
The Don’t Overthink It trailer!
To celebrate the upcoming release of my new book Don’t Overthink It, we made a trailer right in my home library. If you’ve ever thought, I wish Anne would walk me around her house and show me all the bookish details, this video is for you. (If you want to know a little more about the book, it’s good for that, too. Ha!)
I hope you enjoyed this little video! Just a reminder, get all the info on preorders, including signed copies and bonuses, right here. And book tour news is right here.
Fun things and good reads:
- Voices of Change: Tomi Adeyemi, Akwaeke Emezi, Elizabeth Acevedo, Angie Thomas, and Nic Stone are rewriting the rules of young adult fiction. Such a great profile!
- I couldn’t add this puzzle to my cart fast enough.
- The New Trophies of Domesticity. “Colorful cast-iron cookware by brands like Le Creuset and the retro, brightly hued stand mixers by KitchenAid aren’t just culinary workhorses; they’ve become small markers of stability and sophistication, coveted by young people for whom traditional indicators of both often remain out of reach.”
- Read-Aloud Revival has a great quiz to help you figure out what to read aloud next.
- New Albany Did What Louisville Has Not: Pushed Through Downtown Street Redesign. This fascinating case study of making a town physically more inviting is absolutely fascinating, and not just because it’s subject is practically in my backyard.
- I recently discovered that for my morning makeup routine, a nice liner brush works way better than my old $2 drugstore one.
- I shared with The Perks of Being a Booklover about why I don’t feel the need to finish books if I’m not enjoying them, interesting things you learn from reading a book’s acknowledgements, and more.
- Reading Challenge participants! We’ve got a new list of books nominated for an award in 2020: the International Prize for Arabic Fiction just announced its shortlist, so you’ve got more titles to choose from for “a book nominated for an award in 2020.”
- Don’t forget to enter the Goodreads giveaway of Don’t Overthink It! (US only.)
Don’t miss these posts:
- 12 great books that celebrate the power of female friendship. In the wise words of Leslie Knope, Valentine’s Day is about celebrating romance—but Galentine’s Day is about celebrating lady friends and so is this list.
- Flourless chocolate cake. This has long been our go-to chocolate cake recipe. (It makes an appearance in Don’t Overthink It!)
- 13 questions to ask yourself before buying anything for your wardrobe. Does your closet need an overhaul? Here’s where to start.
Have a great weekend!