What’s in store for your weekend? I’m looking forward to a combination of work and play these next few days. I hope YOU have something to look forward to.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Tomorrow is Independent Bookstore Day! To celebrate, Libro.fm has a $5 or less sale for fabulous audiobooks. Will you be stopping by your local indie? (Don’t miss my list of 8 independent bookstores I want to visit—the comments are a treasure trove!)
- Wondering what to wear? This visual guide will help you cultivate your personal style. (My friend Mel sent me this—she finds the best stuff!)
- This reading is a lifestyle sweatshirt is pure joy. (Here I am wearing it on Instagram; don’t miss our delightful new What Should I Read Next episode with Abbigail Glen, owner of Charlotte’s bookstore Shelves and creator of this readerly apparel!)
- Why your home’s worst feature might be key to creating more joy. “Awkward spaces force us to come up with unexpected solutions that make a space feel unique.”
- Fore-edge painting and indexing. I hadn’t thought about fore-edge indexing before. Do you do this? Such possibilities!
- Got Home Pizza Mastered? Graduate to the Calzone. Challenge accepted, complete with Parks and Rec-inspired giggles.
- How Serena Williams Saved Her Own Life. That’s not hyperbole, as you’ll see.
- Flash sale happening now: get your Craftsy Premium Membership for only $0.99 for your first full year (normally $89.99). Of course there’s great home and craft content here, but they also have a surprising number of writing courses.
- ‘Where the bats hung out’: How a basement hideaway at UC Berkeley nurtured a generation of blind innovators. “Genius is forged by community.”
- Home is a Cup of Tea. This is lovely.
- The 25 best podcasts for writers. Loved seeing What Should I Read Next included here!
Don’t miss these posts:
- 12 Feel-good fiction books you can read in an afternoon. If you’re leaning toward the lighter side of your reading tastes these days, this list is for you.
- 6 favorite independent bookstores. Independent Bookstore Day is this weekend!
- May 19: Summer Reading Guide Unboxing: This is the best book party on the interwebs! In a ninety-minute live session, I reveal every title in the Summer Reading Guide, and tell readers why I chose it. This members-only event is for our Modern Mrs Darcy Book Clubbers and What Should I Read Next patrons. Members get the guide just after the Unboxing—which means they get it four days early, with bonus content.
- May 23: 2022 MMD Summer Reading Guide releases! Details here.
- May 24: Live discussion with Bethany C. Morrow: Time for our Modern Mrs Darcy Book Club discussion of So Many Beginnings: A Little Women Remix with author Bethany C. Morrow!
You can find more upcoming events here.
Have a great weekend!