What’s ahead for your weekend? I hear it’s ranunculus season at Trader Joe’s so I’ll be scooting over there to buy some flowers. I hope you have something to look forward to, and that this collection of links and lovely things puts you in that weekend frame of mind.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- How to Help Combat Anti–Asian American Violence. This includes organizations you can donate to and concrete actions you can take.
- How a Year Without My Library Has Changed Me. This had the whole team talking—we had an array of library availability this past year. (Mine is reopening to socially distanced foot traffic next week, hallelujah.)
- How adorable is this sweet flower sweater?
- Your therapist is trying to cope with the pandemic, too. What helps the helpers?
- COVID Kitchen. “I think of my mother, my grandmother, my grandfather every time we do this. I stand in our kitchen straddled between past and present.” Beautiful essay, with recipes.
- What I learned from reading female writers from every country in the world. Fascinating project!
- Toni Collette Making Feature Directing Debut With ‘Writers and Lovers’. Very interesting news about our April MMD Book Club selection!
- Jenny Rosenstrach has a new cookbook coming out! I love her work and her recipes.
- 15 Books About Food & Travel That Saved Me During the Pandemic. Great post from Book Club member Suzanne!
- 8 Great Podcasts for Book Lovers. Love this description of What Should I Read Next: “It doesn’t take long for you to feel like you’re part of a tightly-knit yet very far-reaching book club.”
Don’t miss these posts:
- 20 books to take you around the world. Because we all need armchair travel these days.
- 20 board games to beat the rainy day blues. When we tire of doing jigsaw puzzles on the coffee table, it’s time to pull out the board games.
- 20 celebrity memoirs read by their authors. So many absorbing and delightful titles on this list!
- March 22, 6:30 pm ET: Author Chat with Medina County District Library: I’m discussing my work at MMD and my writing at this virtual event, followed by Q&A. This event will be moderated by a librarian. Register here.
- March 31, 1 pm ET: Their Eyes Were Watching God discussion: Time for our MMD Book Club discussion of Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston! (This will be available as a replay for members who cannot attend live.)
- April 6, 7 pm ET: 12 Things Readers Should Know About Publishing: This is an MMD Book Club event. This year in publishing has been a doozy. The game has changed, but here is what you as a reader need to know. It’s no coincidence we’re doing this the month before the Summer Reading Guide comes out … (Classes are available as replays for members who cannot attend live.)
- April 28, 7 pm ET: Live chat with author Lily King: Time for our Book Club discussion of Writers & Lovers with author Lily King! This is an MMD Book Club event. (Events are available as replays for members who cannot attend live.)
Find more upcoming events here.
Have a great weekend!