Hey friends, I hope you’re hanging in there. This weekend I’m hoping to take Daisy on some long walks between the expected storms, start this all-too-timely audiobook I recently downloaded, and make Chicago-style pizza (again) with my ten-year-old.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead of you.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Traci of The Stacks Podcast is blowing up my TBR with her new list of 52 antiracist nonfiction books.
- The Day the Live Concert Returns. “There is nothing like the energy and atmosphere of live music. It is the most life-affirming experience, to see your favorite performer onstage, in the flesh, rather than as a one-dimensional image glowing in your lap as you spiral down a midnight YouTube wormhole. Even our most beloved superheroes become human in person.”
- I’ve used and loved this dry shampoo for YEARS and just finished my 10th or 11th bottle of it.
- Amid the Coronavirus Crisis, a Regimen for Reentry. “There is a fifth element to success: culture. It’s one thing to know what we should be doing; it’s another to do it, rigorously and thoroughly.”
- We Tried 10 Methods for Making Lemonade and Found One Clear Winner. My kind of research.
- I love the sunshine but my skin hates it: now that it’s suddenly summer I’m using this inexpensive hat practically every day. for product-free sun protection.
- Here’s How Time Works Now. This doesn’t even feel like satire.
- This giveaway ends soon! Enter for a chance to win an audio digital download of 2020 Summer Reading Guide pick The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner. (US only.) I first loved this in print and then ADORED the audio version read by Richard Armitage. This is our August MMD Book Club selection.
- We made this Chicago-style deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet and it was AMAZING.
Update: This event has been postponed to Wednesday, June 10 at 7pm Eastern.
These chats are 100% spoiler-free, so whether or not you’ve read the book, we’d love to see you there.
Don’t miss these posts:
- 10 beauty favorites I use (almost) every day. I look for reliable, dependable products that look good and go on easy so I can keep my morning makeup routine to three minutes or less.
- 11 juicy memoirs to toss in your beach bag this summer. Even if we can’t go to the beach this summer, these memoirs are worth reading.
- “You have to tell people what you’re interested in.” This is a good reminder.
Have a great weekend!