Hello from New York! I took off for book tour Wednesday morning and so far it’s been a wonderful (and whirlwind) adventure in the Northeast. Book people are the best people, and meeting you in person is such a joy.
Hope you have a great weekend, wherever you spend it!
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Life Isn’t Like the Movies (Even if You Write the Movies). “A director of romantic comedies finds herself attending weddings with her ex-husband. Who wrote this script?” Anyone else LOVE Nancy Meyers?
- When I told my story of Bakewell tart regret on the blog, one kind reader blessed me by sharing this Mary Berry recipe.
- 7 Great Books Hitting Shelves This Week. So excited to see Goodreads featured Don’t Overthink It beside these great books.
- Walkable? Check. Urban? Check. Rural? Also Check. This is fascinating.
- How Ramona Quimby Taught a Generation of Girls to Embrace Brashness. “Ramona loves the world with ferocity; she does not so much want to disturb it as she yearns to discover, to turn it over, examine every piece and crook and marvel at why each creature, commodity, and substance exists the way it does.”
- How to Navigate the New York Public Library Like an Expert. So many great tips!
- Best Online Book Clubs: 15 Online Clubs to Join in 2020. Very cool to see Book Riot included the MMD Book Club!
- Have we murdered the apostrophe? Very interesting.
If you didn’t preorder, my publisher extended the preorder bonus deadline through today, March 6. That means you can still get the Don’t Overthink It companion course, the I’d Rather Be Reading ebook and the free Don’t Overthink It audiobook. Don’t miss your chance to get multiple formats for the price of just one! Click here for more detailed information on those preorder bonuses.
Book tour is underway! Tonight I’ll be at Strand Book Store here in NYC. Don’t Overthink It is the March selection for MMD Book Club and the forums are already hopping. We’ll also be sharing exclusive behind-the-scenes book tour content on Patreon.
Don’t miss these posts:
- Mind maps: what they are and how to use them. Mind maps are my go-to tool for conjuring order out of my jumbled thoughts.
- 10 audiobooks so good you’ll want to fold another load of laundry, finish washing the dishes, or just sit in the driveway for 5 more minutes.
- The star of our special breakfasts: easy 20-minute frittata. This is one of our long-time staple recipes!
Have a great weekend!