Last Friday, my brand new podcast One Great Book premiered! One Great Book highlights books I love that you may have missed or forgotten about, but that you’ll be glad to discover—again, or for the first time.
New episodes drop on Fridays starting this week. Subscribe to One Great Book on iTunes, or search “One Great Book” in your preferred podcast player and hit subscribe! If one episode per week isn’t enough, become a patron for exclusive bonus episodes and much much more.
Now – on to today’s episode!
Decision-making is a HUGE part of what we do here on WSIRN. Podcaster and author Emily P. Freeman is an expert in the art of decision-making (she’s literally written the book on it), but when assigned school reading hijacked alllllll her personal reading time… deciding what to read next for pleasure got a little more complicated. That’s where I come in.
Today I’m helping Emily find her way back to confident personal reading decisions. Plus, we’re discussing what to do when you pick up the totally-wrong book by a totally-great author, biographical historical fiction, the first YA book ever written, and Emily’s newest book – releasing today! – The Next Right Thing.
You can follow Emily P. Freeman on Twitter and Instagram both @emilypfreeman. Make sure to check out Emily’s podcast The Next Right Thing, and her new book of the same name, which is out TODAY, APRIL 2. Find all the info you need on her website www.emilypfreeman.com, where you can also sign up for email updates.
Click here to read the full episode transcription (opens in a new tab).
Books mentioned in this episode:
• The Next Right Thing, by Emily P. Freeman
• The Starbridge series, by Susan Howitch
• Recapturing the Wonder: Transcendent Faith in a Disenchanted World, by Mike Cosper
• The Inspector Gamache series, by Louise Penny
♥ The House at Riverton, by Kate Morton
• The Distant Hours, by Kate Morton
♥ America’s First Daughter, by Stephanie Dray
♥ Learning to Walk in the Dark, by Barbara Brown Taylor
▵ Ripper, by Isabel Allende
• Save Me the Plums: My Gourmet Memoir, by Ruth Reichl
• Marilla of Green Gables, by Sarah McCoy
• American Princess: A Novel of First Daughter Alice Roosevelt, by Stephanie Marie Thornton
• The House of the Spirits, by Isabel Allende
• I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith
What do you think Emily should read next? Let us know in the comments!