From this week: autumn and winter, all at once.
Housekeeping: the Lucy Jane giveaway has ended and winners have been notified by email. If you didn’t win (Sorry, I would have loved to send “strong coffee long books” pencil pouches to every one of you!) now you’re free to shop: sign up for the Lucy Jane newsletter here and get 15% off your first order.
Classy & Fabulous pencil pouch from Lucy Jane
Best of the web:
• Ten thoughts on hosting Thanksgiving from Shauna Niequist. “People are serious about Thanksgiving food, and most of them are practicing some sort of complex strategy for how to consume a staggering amount of both turkey and pie. ..”
• How to make your last name plural this Christmas season. “Nothing quells my Christmas cheer as quickly as a stray apostrophe. Every year they assault me.”
• Male TV host wears same suit for a year; no one notices.” Of course they didn’t.
• British authors’ houses on Google maps. “One thing we’ve learned: Most authors lived in very posh houses, except Rudyard Kipling who lived above a branch of Eat.”
On the blog:
• A very bookish Christmas countdown. (I got so many great Christmas book ideas from the comments on this post!)
• Simplicity, productivity, and the personal uniform. (Yes, that is really my closet.)
Have a great weekend!