My favorite finds from around the web:
• Pulp Friction. “If Barnes & Noble goes out of business, it’ll be a disaster for book lovers.”
• 100 countries or an SUV? “I feel much more comfortable valuing life experiences. I value meeting people all over the world. I value stamps in my passport and real-life adventures I would have missed if I would have stayed home.”
• Packing essentials for a summer girls’ trip: the 5-4-3-2-1 rule. For the right-brained and packing-challenged: a rule of thumb for packing for a 5-7 day getaway. (I take fewer shoes, because Tieks.)
• Psychologists recommend children be bored in the summer. “While there’s a good chance children might mope around for a while and be bored, it’s important to realize that this isn’t wasted time.”
What I’m reading:
(Heads up: if you’re a new or current Book of the Month member, you can get this for $9.99 with your next shipment. They have a special deal going right now for new members: use this link plus the code SUMMER30 to get your first three months for $10 each, plus a free tote and sunnies.)
On the blog:
Today’s kindle deals are extra fantastic. (When you check out the list you’ll see I’m not exaggerating!)
• One year ago: The perfect summer reading for every Myers-Briggs personality type.
• Two years ago: I’m not waiting for the next house (any more).
• Three years ago: 4 gorgeous novels for your summer reading list.
• Four years ago: Atlantic readers can’t have it all (but can we?).
Have a great weekend!