My favorite finds from around the web:
• Mysterious stacks of books in NYC are connecting strangers from around the world. This is fantastic. Go check out the photos!
• What you miss after your child learns to read. “There is nothing a child of any age wants more than a parent’s total attention.”
• Is Friends still the most popular show on tv? Why so many 20-somethings want to stream a 20-year-old sitcom about a bunch of 20-somethings sitting around in a coffee shop. Long but worth it.
When your husband cheerfully detours several blocks out of the way on your date night to hunt for the Little Free Library you’d heard was in the neighborhood you know it’s ??? (Follow me on instagram @annebogel)
On the blog:
• One year ago: Favorite childhood books you should totally read again.
• Two years ago: Dream jobs. “Knowing your dream job criteria is obviously useful if you’re looking for work. But much like personality types, it’s useful to know your strengths (and your weaknesses) even when you’re not. Wouldn’t you rather do the work that makes more of you, not the work that makes you feel like you’re just punching the clock?”
• Three years ago: 7 books I read over and over again.
• Four years ago: How to be a little bit better at everything.
• Five years ago: Talk to your man like Abigail Adams. What can the 2nd first lady (and 1st feminist, some say) teach us? Plenty.
• Now: try Book of the Month club and get 50% off your 3-month subscription with the code MODERNMRSDARCY. That means you get 3 hardcovers for the unbeatable price of $7.50 each (and the April selections are so good!)
Have a great weekend!