What are you up to this weekend? Will and I are celebrating our anniversary, and looking forward to a break from the heat on Saturday and Sunday before the temperatures climb back up past 100 degrees next week. I hope you have something you’re looking forward to these next few days.
Need-to-know book info
There are some spectacular sales happening right now! My Reading Life: A Book Journal is already discounted AND is now part of Amazon’s new 3-for-2 promotion. Click here to get yours, and click “shop items” on that page (right under the price) to see what else is included in the sale.
UPDATE: Don’t Overthink It is now included in the book sale, too! This is the lowest price any of my books have ever been.
ALL MY BOOKS—including the not-yet-published My Reading Adventures: A Book Journal for Kids—are included in Target’s Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on movies, music, books, and games. My family orders from Target pretty regularly—they have great service and fast shipping. Shop my books here—and take advantage of the sale to stock up for future journaling and gift-giving! I would also be honored if you were to take advantage of the sale by combining my books with a great jigsaw puzzle.
If you pick up My Reading Adventures, don’t forget to take advantage of the terrific preorder bonuses! After you order, visit this page to pop your order info into the form.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- 11 Most Beautiful Libraries in the United States. Very happy to see #9!
- Did you see the new Persuasion trailer from Netflix? I HAVE THOUGHTS. (The YouTube comments section surprised me with its thoughtful, well-reasoned critiques.) I talked about this a bit more on Instagram stories yesterday.
- Because you asked after I briefly referenced this on Instagram last week: this is my current favorite pen. I’m using it in my reading journal, in the Leuchtturm I use as a planner, and for any other notes I’m taking.
- Speaking of journals: my 14yo avid journaler has been checking the internet every single day to see if her favorite journals have been restocked yet … and they finally have! Check out the options here. These were first recommended to us by a teacher friend who raved about their classy look and thick paper.
- 18 Books To Celebrate Juneteenth With. Juneteenth is this Sunday!
- The Six Forces That Fuel Friendship. “It’s never too late to meet someone who will be important to you for the rest of your life.”
- We made Jenny Rosenstrach’s crispy chickpeas for dinner last night and they were amazing as always. This time we tried them in the air fryer and it worked so well! (We first found the recipe in her terrific vegetarian cookbook, which I just noticed is part of Amazon’s 3-for-2 sale.)
- Suspects & Suspicion: What Jane Austen Teaches Us About Who (And Who Not) To Trust. Interesting connections.
- Many Ice Creams, but One Cone to Rule Them All. This makes me want to sample a bunch of different cones now. (Gift link.)
- Is Genre Defined by Content or Worldview? This post is specific to SFF but it’s a good question for genre fiction in general. I’m curious to hear what you think.
Don’t miss these posts:
- 15 books to take you on a vicarious vacation. Go on a grand adventure without leaving home at all!
- 6 strategies to get out of your reading rut. These really work.
- 20 tasty and tantalizing food memoirs. One of my favorite literary genres! Food is full of stories, from the family history behind a handed-down dish to juicy kitchen drama at a high-end restaurant.
- June 22: Bookworm Problems: In this Quick-Fix Conversation session, we talk with three readers that represent common problems in the reading life and troubleshoot what plagues them (and might be plaguing you too!). This is a Modern Mrs Darcy Book Club event.
- June 29: Live discussion with Mary Laura Philpott: Time for our Modern Mrs Darcy Book Club discussion of Bomb Shelter with author Mary Laura Philpott!
- July 26: Live discussion with Bonnie Garmus: Time for our Modern Mrs Darcy Book Club discussion of Lessons in Chemistry with author Bonnie Garmus!
- August 25: Live discussion with Peng Shepherd: Time for our Modern Mrs Darcy Book Club discussion of The Cartographers with author Peng Shepherd!
You can find more upcoming events here.
Have a great weekend!