What are you up to this weekend? Last night we grilled for the first time this year, so it’s really starting to feel like spring around here. Tomorrow I’m looking forward to watching my college kid’s first track meet (that I get to see, at least) and having a special family dinner. And finishing a good book, of course!
I hope you have something to look forward to this weekend, and that this collection of links and things I’m enjoying these days help ease you into that weekend frame of mind.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- ‘Abbott Elementary’ Partners With Scholastic to Provide Free Book Fairs at Underfunded Schools. (My whole family love this show!)
- 23 New And Upcoming Novels With Disabled Main Characters. March is Disability Awareness Month. Are any of these books on your radar?
- How adorable is this little hedgehog tape dispenser?
- These unread books have a long shelf life — as decor. Not all books can be repurposed; I’m glad there’s a second chance for some.
- This versatile cardigan is a spring wardrobe staple.
- What If We Just Stopped Being So Available? “Having multiple obligations and priorities means that we are, all of us, in a perpetual state of delay on something, and apologizing for that fact feels like having to apologize for your standard mode of being.”
- I’m loving the new spring colors for these American Giant slub tees, my absolute favorites. (Because they sponsor What Should I Read Next I have a code for you: Get 20% off your first order when you use promo code DARCY.)
- Timeless or trendy? How to avoid impulse buying and choose items you’ll love for the long-haul. “People consistently choose neutral designs over bold ones because they believe vibrant colors or patterns will become irritating over time. But when the researchers measure people’s satisfaction with their choices later, it turns out the exact opposite is true.”
- The Underground Story of Slow Cooking. Great food history.
- How Angry Should Other Writers Be About Brandon Sanderson’s $22 Million Kickstarter? This is really shaking up the publishing industry.
- This Ina Garten tart is a perfect dessert for a spring weekend. (We often just plunk a bunch of sliced fresh fruit right on top.)
- FirstLeaf is offering special spring savings just for our readers! Get your first 6 award-winning wines personalized to your tastes and delivered to your doorstep for $29.95 with code DARCYSALE.
- Scientist Reveals How Stonehenge Likely Worked At Long Last. Fascinating. What does it feel like to be someone who can figure this stuff out?
Don’t miss these posts:
- 18 fresh and flirty contemporary romance novels for your TBR. I’m not the only one who turns to romance novels for comfort and escape!
- 20 board games to beat the rainy day blues. When we tire of doing jigsaw puzzles on the coffee table, it’s time to pull out the board games.
Have a great weekend!