How’s your weekend shaping up? I’m looking forward to going on a small garden tour for the first time in years, and relaxing with family and friends. I hope you have something to look forward to, and that these interesting links and fun things help ease you into that weekend frame of mind.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- How Angeline Boulley’s Own Young Adulthood Inspired Firekeeper’s Daughter. Loved learning more about this Summer Reading Guide pick. Her next book sounds amazing!
- My next book My Reading Life: A Book Journal comes out September 21! Have you added it to Goodreads yet?
- Leaving My Houseplants Was the Break-up That Almost Broke Me. As a fellow plant lady, I feel the ache of this.
- I just restocked our Grady’s iced coffee for the summer. I’ve tried all kinds of brews and this is my favorite.
- The Book Club of My Dreams Was at the Library All Along. “Our book club isn’t what I thought I wanted. It’s what I needed.” I’m excited to share a WSIRN episode soon that probes this topic.
- I so enjoyed my conversation with Amber Burns for her Thank You for Asking podcast! Give it a listen here or wherever you get your podcasts.
- Is This the World’s Most Aging-Friendly City? The power of reframing! It’ll be interesting to see if more places follow suit.
- What a marvelous summer dress. I adore this cut.
- ‘We Always Rise.’ A Black-Owned Bookstore Navigates the Pandemic. Great bookstore profile.
- The ‘Grief Alarm Clock’ Is A Concept That People Who’ve Experienced Loss Will Understand. This is such a good way to put it.
- I’m so grateful MMD readers turned me on to this brilliant, inexpensive kitchen tool.
- Wearing Colorful Clothes Can Recharge Your Spirit. This piece made me smile, because my mom taught me to wear bright colors on dreary days.
One Great Book is back!
A new season of my podcast One Great Book is on its way! Each week I pull one stand-out selection off my personal bookshelves and tell you all about it, in ten minutes or less. The trailer dropped this morning and Volume V, Episode I will hit your feed next Friday. Subscribe via your favorite podcast player so you don’t miss out!
Don’t miss these posts:
- A little interaction goes a long way. It really does matter.
- What’s your reading personality? When you’re aware of what and why you read, you get more out of your reading life.
- June 19, 3 pm ET: When Harry Met Sally Watch Party: Join us for a watchalong of When Harry Met Sally, the perfect flight “flick” to go along with our June Book Club read. (This is an MMD Book Club event.)
- June 22, 1 pm ET: Live chat with author Emily Henry: Time for our MMD Book Club discussion of People We Meet On Vacation with author Emily Henry! (Events are available as replays for members who cannot attend live.)
- June 26, 3 pm ET: Backlist Book Club: Everyone Brave Is Forgiven: Whether you’re a long-time MMD Book Club member looking to revisit some favorites, or a new member wondering where to start, we’re taking a look back at some of the best of Book Club from the past few years. Join in at the end of each month in a Member Meetup as we break into small groups to discuss live with fellow members. (Member Meetups are not recorded.)
- July 28, 7 pm ET: Live chat with author Nadia Hashimi: Time for our MMD Book Club discussion of Sparks Like Stars with author Nadia Hashimi! (Events are available as replays for members who cannot attend live.)
- August 24, 1 pm ET: Live chat with author Elizabeth Brooks: Time for our MMD Book Club discussion of The Whispering Housewith author Elizabeth Brooks! (Events are available as replays for members who cannot attend live.)
You can find more upcoming events here.
Have a great weekend!