What are you up to this weekend? I’m organizing books and working on a writing project, and hopefully sneaking in a walk between bouts of rain. I’m also hoping to make some serious progress on this great audiobook.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- FX Orders Pilot Based On Octavia E. Butler’s ‘Kindred’ Novel From Branden Jacobs-Jenkins, Courtney Lee-Mitchell & Protozoa. Yes, please.
- 20 of the Best Books to Pick Up This March. Any of these on your radar?
- Passion can be platform. “Your passion is you, and that’s what readers want.”
- My first book Reading People is on sale for $1.99 across all ebook platforms right now. Get it at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, or wherever you get your ebooks.
- The Invisibility of Older Women. “Going unrecognized can, paradoxically, help us recognize our place in the larger scheme of things.”
- Now feels like a good time to share this list of 20 books featuring seasoned female protagonists.
- The Publisher Who Transformed the Careers of Wallace Stevens and William Carlos Williams. Fascinating.
- Vaccinated Americans, Let the Unmasked Gatherings Begin (but Start Small). “Vaccinated grandparents may visit unvaccinated healthy adult children and healthy grandchildren without masks or physical distancing.” This is the news we’ve been waiting for. I’m counting the days till my mom gets her second dose later this month.
- Annapurna To Adapt Sarah Gailey’s Novel ‘The Echo Wife’ For Film. This sounds so watchable and also … pretty grisly? I’m curious! (I really enjoyed the book.)
- I’m so happy this reading nook tea blend is now available in decaf.
- Talia Hibbert Thinks We All Deserve a Chance to Find Love. “Real life is so risky that dreaming of unqualified happiness with another person or people can sometimes feel impossible, or even dangerous. So maybe romance is the song we sing to keep the faith, and “happily ever after” is our dogma.”
- These 30-Minute Dinners Are Just Right for Spring. Bookmarking this!
Don’t miss these posts:
- 20 extra-long and totally readable books. In case you’ve been wanting to tackle a looooong book.
- Behind the scenes of the Don’t Overthink It writing process. Everything you ever wondered, plus lots of pictures.
- 10 audiobooks so good you’ll want to fold another load of laundry, finish washing the dishes, or just sit in the driveway for 5 more minutes. It’s true.
March 18, 7 pm ET: 1000 Books: Battle of the Books: A Cuyahoga County Public Library literary event hosted by Jim Mustich (author of 1,000 Books to Read Before You Die). The combatants advocate for their favorite books, vying for the hearts and minds of the audience members. Attendees will then vote to name the champion! Register here.
March 22, 6:30 pm ET: Author Chat with Medina County District Library: I will discuss my work at MMD and my writing at this virtual event, followed by Q&A. This event will be moderated by a librarian. Register here.
March 31, 1 pm ET: Their Eyes Were Watching God discussion: Time for our MMD Book Club discussion of Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston! (This will be available as a replay for members who cannot attend live.)
You can find more upcoming events here.
Have a great weekend!