What’s happening this weekend? I know I’ve said it before, but this weekend we really are pulling out the Christmas tree (the earliest we ever have), and we’re planning to watch The Social Dilemma. (Anything I should know?)
My favorite finds from around the web:
- ‘Modern Austen’ Anthology Series Reimagining Of Jane Austen’s Novels In Works At The CW From Producer Stephanie Allain. This could be interesting.
- How To Stop Overthinking Everything, According To Author Anne Bogel. Check out my interview with Forbes!
- Last year this high-value beauty box was a favorite holiday gift for my tween and teen daughters.
- How to Make Socially Distanced Holidays Actually Feel Special. “The mandate of balancing safety and celebration must tilt toward safety, in order to preserve the possibility of future celebration.” Such helpful guidance.
- This Anne of Green Gables print is a 2020 mood.
- Cookbooks Help Me Escape These Days. “The best cookbooks are so much more than recipe collections — they’re oral histories, documentaries, time capsules, love letters, geopolitical texts, nature guides.”
- Last weekend I stumbled upon my next book over on Goodreads. My Reading Life: A Book Journal will be out September 7, 2021. A small something to look forward to in the new year. More details to come!
- Dolly Parton partly funded Moderna Covid vaccine research. Another reason to love Dolly!
Goodreads Choice Awards Finalist!
Wow! I’m incredibly honored Don’t Overthink It made it to the final round of the Goodreads Choice Awards. Thank you, readers. This is your last chance to vote for your favorites! The winners will be announced December 8.
Don’t miss these posts:
- 8 investment pieces actually worth my investment. These pieces weren’t exactly cheap, but they’re made to last and have been worth it in the long run.
- It’s 17 degrees. Let’s go to the park. “If my personal experience has taught me anything about winter, it’s that I need to get myself out of the house and into the fresh air, preferably during daylight, as often as possible.”
- 20 books to cozy up with this winter. Cold, grey days are the perfect excuse to stay inside and read.
Have a great weekend!