What’s in store for your weekend? I hope you have something on the near horizon to look forward to. The red leaves are peaking here right now, and I hope to get outside and go on at least one very long walk.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Appreciation: The irreplaceable Alex Trebek made ‘Jeopardy!’ a sane place in a mad world. Such a loss.
- Stacey Abrams Has Written 8 Romance Novels Under the Name “Selena Montgomery.” I learned this while recording WSIRN episode 258 when guest Jenna Lowenstein filled me in. I don’t know how I missed it!
- When I checked out with Catan and Ticket to Ride at the store last week, the cashier told me board games are FLYING off the shelves right now. Looks like we’re not the only ones preparing for a snug winter at home.
- Ina Garten: ‘All My Books Really Are About Comfort Food’. And we are grateful for it.
- How Your Brain Tricks You Into Taking Risks During the Pandemic. The rising numbers are scary. Wear a mask and stay home as much as possible.
- Several readers raved about these happy sprout bookmarks in the comments section of our recent bookmarks post. I love them!
- 26 of the Best Book Podcasts to Listen to When You’re Not Reading. What Should I Read Next? is in seriously great company.
- This puzzle is VERY COOL. I’ve never done one like it!
- 36 Best Instant Pot Recipes for When You Want Slow-Cooked Flavor, Fast. I’m always looking for good instant pot recipes.
- The Bedtime Routine That Helps Me Shut My Brain Down Each Night. Good tips for anyone who’s had trouble sleeping lately.
We made it to the next round!
Incredibly honored my book Don’t Overthink It made it to the semifinal round of the Goodreads Choice Awards! Thank you, readers. Please go vote for your favorites!
Don’t miss these posts:
- 6 books I had to be talked into reading (that I’m so very glad I read). Sometimes we avoid books for stupid, shallow reasons but thankfully sometimes we give them a chance anyway and discover a great book.
- How to deal with your crazy family (from an accidental expert). A good post to revisit around the holidays, even if the holidays are going to look very different this year.
Have a great weekend!