Happy Friday, readers! It’s a cool 43 degrees this morning, which might mean our first jacket weather of the season is actually here. I’m hoping to enjoy some hiking time this weekend, followed by plenty of books and hot tea and maybe the new West Wing Special.
More on this below, but I don’t want you to miss this special today-only news: my newest book Don’t Overthink It is on sale for just 1.99 across all ebook platforms. The price has never been anywhere close to this low before. Snatch it up while you can!
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Why Americans Have Turned to Nesting. “I couldn’t control much in the pandemic, but I could control what happened in my own 450 square feet.”
- A Lot of Data and a Little Singing: How The Times’s Best-Seller List Comes Together. The more you know.
- 6 work-from-home wardrobe staples for life these days. My first fashion post in forever!
- This tea kettle is adorable.
- 22 Spooky New Books That Will Put You in a Halloween State of Mind. I’m more of a “not too spooky” reader myself, as I shared in last week’s Patreon episode.
- My current bookish puzzle is lots of fun. And harder than I expected.
- Instead of Going Full Hygge This Fall and Winter, You Might Want to Try Friluftsliving. We could probably all do with more fresh air.
- This tiny planter made me grin so big. Who comes up with this stuff?
- How to Misread Jane Austen. “Instead of asking what Austen is trying to tell us, we might ask what she’s trying to show us. But the answer to that seems to be: It depends on who’s looking.”
- Much to my surprise, my whole family loved this vegetarian chili with winter vegetables. (I took a shortcut and used canned beans.)
- House Lust: A Stunning Former Library is on the Market. Suddenly tempted to move to Rhode Island…
- How The Pandemic Has Changed Our Reading Lives. Do you relate?
Don’t Overthink It is on sale!
My book Don’t Overthink It: Make Easier Decisions, Stop Second-Guessing, and Bring More Joy to Your Life is on sale for $1.99 today only across all ebook platforms! Don’t overthink taking advantage of this deal. (I couldn’t resist.)
Don’t miss these posts:
- 15 quintessentially British audiobooks for chilly weather listening. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself taking the dog on a longer walk just so you can keep listening.
- 4 strategies I originally dismissed as too “out there” that have significantly helped me (and my loved ones) manage anxiety. Maybe they’ll help you too.
- 8 favorite memoirs I keep coming back to. Still true.
Have a great weekend!