What does your weekend look like? Around here, one more kid has a last day of school today. (Three down, one to go.)
I started a bookshelf reorganization project last Saturday that I’ll keep working on these next few days, and it’s time to finally put my cool-weather sweaters away. (I’ll be using these tips.)
Now let’s get in the weekend mood with some good reads and fun things!
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Ebook deals have been ESPECIALLY great this week. Bookmark this page or sign up to get them delivered directly to your inbox so you don’t miss out.
- Bloggers of Young House Love Sell Their Renovated Virginia Home in a Flash. I’ll be curious to see what renovations await in their new home.
- My skincare-savvy friend gifted me this gentle body lotion and I adore it; the scent reminds me of baking with my mom as a kid.
- ‘The Crown’ Producer Left Bank Adapting Bestselling Inspector Gamache Books In First Series For Amazon. You know I’d watch that.
- This plant-themed doormat made me laugh out loud. I might need one.
- The Voice of God. (And Knausgaard, Whitman, Machiavelli … ) Great profile of audiobook narrator Edoardo Ballerini and the first time I’ve heard of a narrator being invited to read during an author’s book signing event.
- Americans Have Baked All the Flour Away. “But along with the illusion of self-sufficiency, the normally plentiful reasons to not try making pie crust or English muffins have vanished. Dough that needs to proof or chill for a few hours? No problem; you’ll be around.”
- My daughters and I are having all kinds of fun with these inexpensive calligraphy pens. My hand-lettering may be a lot better by the time quarantine is over.
- Enter for a chance to win an audio digital download of 2020 Summer Reading Guide pick The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner. I first loved this in print and then ADORED the audio version read by Richard Armitage. This is our August MMD Book Club selection.
- 19 Surprising Foods You Didn’t Know You Could Grill. I’m going to have to try a few of these.
- The Pandemic Shuttered My Town’s Only Coffee Shop. “I don’t know what downtown Warner will look like when all this is over. The public market hastily set up an online shopping portal at the beginning of the pandemic, and now offers curbside pickup and home delivery. The bookstore, too, offers online ordering and curbside pickup…But the loss of Schoodacs feels ominous.”
- 21 Books That Are So Good, People Literally Could Not Put Them Down. Great options for people in need of a page-turner.
Another Stay at Home Book Tour session is coming your way! And WHAT a session it will be. On June 2 at 7pm Eastern time, we’re hosting Abby Jimenez: small business owner, Food Network champion, one of my favorite Twitter follows, contemporary romance novelist, and author of the 2020 Summer Reading Guide selection The Happy Ever After Playlist.
These chats are 100% spoiler-free, so whether or not you’ve read the book, we’d love to see you there. Stay tuned for updates on where and how to join in.
Don’t miss these posts:
- 15 books about endearingly quirky families. They’ve got to be both quirky AND endearing.
- MBTI: strengths :: Enneagram: motivations. In case you’ve been wondering about the difference between these two personality paradigms.
Have a great weekend!