We made it to another weekend. Around there that also means we made it to Spring Break and I am so relieved. We’re staying home but we’re stocked up on puzzles and books. I hope you have a wonderful weekend full of exactly what you need.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- How Mindy Kaling’s Assistant Landed Her Dream Job. This is a fun read!
- 100+ Great Books for the Armchair Travel You Need Right Now. I’m all in favor of literary tourism.
- How to Not Keep Refreshing the News. Great advice from my friend Chris.
- Why it matters that Asian representation is growing in audiobooks. “An actor who is familiar with a book’s language, nuance and customs ensures a story is told authentically, while someone inexperienced may mispronounce foreign words or perform an accent where one isn’t required.”
- The new book you should read, according to your favorite flowers. This is a fun idea! Also fun: seeing what flower they paired with Don’t Overthink It.
- This is how we can beat the coronavirus. “We can decide to meet this challenge head-on…. We could develop tests that are fast, reliable, and ubiquitous. If we screen everyone, and do so regularly, we can let most people return to a more normal life.”
- Hoping to make this Spicy Chicken Pieces recipe soon! I love Jenny Rosenstrach’s recipes.
- 22 books to read while you’re stuck at home. It was incredible to learn Don’t Overthink It was featured on Good Morning America last Saturday!
- How to Stop Overthinking Those Audiobook Credits and Make Listening Fun Again. I’m over at Libro.fm sharing my best audiobook selection tips.
Stay At Home Book Tour update
We’re almost done with the first week of Stay At Home Book Tour! Make sure you tune in at 11 am EDT today for my conversation with Ariel Lawhon, author of Code Name Hélène. And bookmark this page to get the Zoom links to join us on video before each session. Bookmark this page to get more information on upcoming events and access all of the replays.
We recommend signing up for the email list so we can send you 30-minute event reminders, replays, and news about future Stay At Home Book Tour events. On Wednesday night readers on our email list were the first to know which authors are joining us for the next round, which you can see in the graphic above.
Don’t miss these posts:
- 11 books that are better in the spring. Anyone else ready?
- My favorite book journaling tools. If you’ve ever described yourself as a pen junkie, or can’t visit a bookstore without browsing the stationery section, this list of some of my favorite tools is for you.
- Tulips, and learning to play the long game. “To enjoy tulips in the spring, you must plant them in the fall. And this is something I can never, ever remember at planting time.”
Have a great weekend!