Happy Friday! My weekend is shaping up to be an unusual one, starting with coffee with an out-of-town friend and ending with a book launch party. I hope your coming days hold just what you need. Have a lovely weekend, friends.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Oprah Winfrey’s Iconic Talk Show Will Now Be Available As A Podcast. This is major news.
- I finally got a pretty new watch for book events—so I can make sure I don’t talk all night, without having to look at my phone.
- Poetry and the Civil Rights Movement. This is really neat. Related: 101 powerful books to celebrate Black History all year long.
- Gap is the latest retailer to get into resale to try to fix its business. I didn’t realize so many brands were getting into resale, like with thredUP. Interesting.
- My daughter baked these crispy chewy chocolate chip cookies twice this week. So good.
- Anne Bogel’s 5 Tips to Restore Your Love of Reading. Thrilled to be over at Goodreads sharing these tips on how to stop overthinking your reading life!
- Reading Challenge-ers, looking for your “book nominated for an award in 2020”? The Folio Prize just announced its short list.
- A Guide: How To Prepare Your Home For Coronavirus. These are great tips regardless of this concern. (You’re probably washing your hands wrong.)
Don’t Overthink It is almost here!
I’m getting ready to hit the road for book tour and would love to see you. My first events are next week: I’ll be in Madison CT next Wednesday (3/4) and NYC next Friday (3/6). But if I’m not coming your way this spring, I hope you’ll still join me for bookish fun! Don’t Overthink It is the March selection for MMD Book Club and I can’t wait to discuss it with everyone. We’ll also be sharing exclusive behind-the-scenes book tour content on Patreon.
Don’t miss these posts:
- Let’s talk about highly sensitive people. Learn what this term means and how it can help you better understand yourself and others.
- Happily ever after is complicated. When two people get married, they have no idea what they’re beginning together.
Have a great weekend!