Happy Friday, readers! I’m starting this weekend in New York City, recording my audiobook for Don’t Overthink It. I’ve spent most of my time in studio, but I’ve had the opportunity to get out and have a little fun, too, and start a big fat novel. I’m wishing you a wonderful weekend!
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Melissa McCarthy to Star With Nicole Kidman in Hulu’s ‘Nine Perfect Strangers’. I LOVE the idea of MM as Francis!
- The ZORA Canon: The 100 greatest books ever written by African American women. My TBR just got bigger!
- Succulent Studios has a sale right now. It’s a good time to take advantage of 20% off and free shipping and try their plant subscription service for just $8.
- Déjà vu: 2020 Oscar nominations ignore female directors once again. COME ON, HOLLYWOOD.
- If you’re doing the Reading Challenge, these books were just nominated for the National Book Critics Circle Awards.
- This lip balm is a winter staple.
- Romance is publishing’s most lucrative genre. Its biggest community of writers is imploding. Have you been following what’s transpired in RWA the last few weeks? Even if you don’t read romance, it’s worth learning about as it has implications for us all.
- Podcaster and Author Anne Bogel Recommends Six Books with a Strong Sense of Place. I loved putting this list together.
- Freaked Out? 3 Steps to Protect Your Phone. Good tips.
- Ten Podcasts To Help You Achieve That New Year’s Resolution. Honored they included What Should I Read Next!
Don’t miss these posts:
- 13 books you’ll just HAVE to talk to someone about. I love when this happens.
- The little things I do that feel like abundant living. This blog post became the foundation of a chapter of Don’t Overthink It. Can you see why? “Recently, my husband reminded me that Don’t overthink it doesn’t have to be just about practicalities and decision-fatigue aversion. Don’t overthink it can also bring a lot more simple abundance into my life.”
- My favorite things to buy at Trader Joe’s. Just for fun.
- 6 fascinating books about an unlikely favorite subject. I loved all the comments about the subjects you find fascinating.
Have a great weekend!