Hey readers! I’m spending the weekend at the beach with a bunch of writers, where I expect to enjoy time with friends, meet new ones, and get a ton of work (and a little bit of reading) done. I hope you have a lovely weekend in store.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- As of right this second, my first book Reading People: How Seeing the World Through the Lens of Personality Changes Everything, is still on sale for just 1.99. I don’t expect this to last so get it while it’s hot!
- This Tiny Bookstore On Wheels Brings Books To Towns Whose Bookstores Have Closed—And It’s Gorgeous. Long live the bookmobile!
- This sweatshirt cracks me up.
- Dolly Parton May Look Artificial, But She’s Totally Real. I will always read an interview or profile of Dolly Parton. (Related: you can hear me and Annie Downs fangirl over Dolly in WSIRN episode 198.)
- The Best Gifts for Bookworms (That Aren’t Books). I was delighted to share bookworm gift ideas, along with other notable bookish folks. And if you need even more ideas, be sure to check out this year’s gift guide.
- Paleo Creamy Chicken Stew with Turmeric. This looks and sounds like the perfect recipe to try on a chilly day.
This reading nook brings me great joy, especially on dreary days. Plus a Plant Lady update on the unexpected gift my plants have given me. Follow me on Instagram @annebogel.
On the blog:
Two years ago: On personality, emotional labor, and surviving the holidays. “The holidays are especially taxing for introverts. It’s taken me years to realize that as much as I enjoy the holiday festivities, they’re incredibly draining.”
Three years ago: A Tieks review, finally. Why they work for me and what you need to know to determine if they’ll work for you.
Four years ago: A few of my favorite poetry collections (and a promising bedtime ritual). Good poetry makes for excellent bedtime reading.
Five years ago: A very bookish Christmas countdown. This is a beloved family tradition.
On What Should I Read Next:
Our holiday recommendation episode is here! My friend Holland from The Novel Neighbor in St Louis helped me recommend the perfect titles for your hard-to-buy-for loved ones. This might be our longest show notes book list yet!
On One Great Book:
In this volume I’m focusing on books that would make great fireside reading and books that would make great gifts; this week’s new episode focuses on the latter. Get more One Great Book right here.
Have a great weekend!