Also of note on the blog: this week we released our 2019 gift guide for book lovers. Some of the products sold out lickety-split, so we’ve already done some updating. And for those of you begging for a kids’ version, stay tuned: it’s coming to the blog next week!
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Lin-Manuel Miranda has a surprisingly personal reason for opening a bookstore in the age of Amazon. Love this!
- Five Holiday Movies Worth Bingeing This Season. This might be the most important link on this list.
- The FabFitFun winter box is here! I adore these boxes for their fun stuff + amazing value for full-size, premium beauty, fitness, wellness, and home products. Use the code WINTERFUN at checkout and get 20% off.
- Our children are watching and listening. “Shaming any child for their reading choices, no matter what it is, is a death sentence to the child’s budding and delicate passion for reading.” YES AND AMEN.
- I LOVE these boots but my feet are still too wide to wear them. I still want to share so someone else can enjoy them and I can vicariously live my best boot life.
- Elizabeth Gilbert’s ‘City of Girls’ Film Adaptation in Works From Producer Sue Kroll. This sweeping novel does feel like it was made for the big screen.
- I shared a photograph of new red lipstick on Instagram this week, and made the egregious mistake of not sharing what it was, so here you go: Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Always Red.
- Trader Joe’s Just Released its Best-Seller List—This Product Is a Clear Winner. Making a note for the next time I’m there.
We found a single missing box of emerald journals so we’ve briefly opened the shop back up. Click here to snap one up for you or grab a few as gifts for loved ones.
I’m terrible about taking photos when I travel for work (send tips, seriously!) but look, it’s a Nashville photo! Follow me on Instagram @annebogel.
On the blog:
One year ago: 25 great gifts for book-loving kids. If you have a kid in your life who loves reading, this list is for you.
Two years ago: 7 favorite Jane Austen retellings. So many more have released since I wrote this post…
Three years ago: Gilmore Girls: A Series in Books. However you felt about the revival, this is a fun post to look back on.
Four years ago: The tough love guide to planning ahead (if you’re not naturally a planner). These are the tips that have helped me the most.
Five years ago: How to deal with your crazy family (from an accidental expert). A good post to revisit around the holidays.
On What Should I Read Next:
Audiobook lovers, take note: this week’s guest was led to audiobooks by her favorite true crime podcasts… and has since made serious space in her life to read with her earbuds in. We gush about our favorite audiobook narrators, and we tackle a frequently asked question: how to get into an audiobook when you’re finding it hard to focus.
On One Great Book:
Season 4 of One Great Book is here! If you want a gorgeous novel, in the vein of Wendell Berry and Marilynne Robinson, that wrestles with the magical and the miraculous, whose beautiful storytelling and memorable characters have compelled many readers to call this THE best book they’ve ever read, look no further than Peace Like A River.
Have a great weekend!