My favorite finds from around the web:
• To the mamas of littles over the holidays. “Lemme put it to you straight: Do. Less. Stuff.”
• 5 reasons I’m not simplifying Christmas this year. “There’s plenty of time for not doing stuff in January.”
• Why more actors should be cast against type. “It happens all the time, typecasting. No actor wants it, but it’s a fact of life in show business. And who knows how many great, surprising performances we’ve been deprived of as a result of it?”
“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” Follow me on instagram @annebogel.
An audiobook sale.
Audible is running a huge sale right now: 300+ books for $4.95 each. (Sale prices are only valid for Audible members. If you are currently on an Audible free trial, that totally counts. Use this link to start your free trial plus download two books for free.
I browsed through the 300+ titles (which is almost too many for my taste): I already bought A Man Called Ove because Marybeth Whalen specifically mentioned the audio book as one of the 8 books recommended by readers with great taste.
A few more titles of note: Everything I Never Told You, The Winter Sea, The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry, Anne of Green Gables (unabridged), The History of Love, Code Name Verity, The Hundred Foot Journey, Emma by Alexander McCall Smith.
For more details about how to listen to audiobooks, including how to get the most out of Audible, check out my beginner’s great big guide to audiobooks.
On the blog:
• One year ago: Simplicity, productivity, and the personal uniform.
• Two years ago: Hooked on the story.
• Three years ago: Buy or borrow: here’s how I decide.
• Four years ago: Why decking the halls brings back happy wedding memories.
Have a great weekend!