What’s in store for your weekend? I’m headed to Cincinnati for Books by the Banks, a fantastic (and HUGE) literary festival held right downtown at the Duke Energy Convention Center. Come see me and 150 (!!) other authors from 10-4, and hear me speak at 1:30. These festivals are lots of fun and totally free.
More fun news: I’m once again teaming up with Page 1 Books to offer a Winter Bundle for the Modern Mrs Darcy Book Club. The bundle includes our December – February book selections, plus bookish goodies. Our previous Book Club bundles have sold out so if you want one for yourself or a loved one, don’t wait!
My favorite finds from around the web:
- I’m nervous/excited about this prospect: Mackenzie Davis, Himesh Patel to Star in ‘Station Eleven’ Series at HBO Max.
- When I asked about great black jeans, I was surprised how many of you recommended these high-rise stretch jeans from Everlane. My order’s in the mail …
- This is such sad news: Interabang Books takes ‘a direct hit’ in Sunday’s storm. Sending good wishes as they figure out how to move forward.
- Bathrooms at ‘Hamilton’: Can 200 women make it through 16 stalls in a 20-minute intermission? I wish all theaters had ushers like Tanya Heath.
- My first book Reading People: How Seeing the World Through the Lens of Personality Changes Everything, is nearly 40% off at Amazon right now. This would be a GREAT pre-holiday read. If you’d prefer, order a signed (or personalized) copy from my local indie here and specify “signed copy” in comments.
- 7 Delightful Non-Fiction Books about Books and Reading. Great to see I’d Rather Be Reading included here!
On the blog:
Two years ago: 9 October favorites. I love looking back on posts like this—so many of these are so relevant today!
Three years ago: What I’m wearing every day this fall. Anyone else look forward to fall clothing?
Four years ago: 8 favorite memoirs I keep coming back to.
Five years ago: Classic cult: 5 favorite Jane Austen-inspired romantic comedies. I want to watch one of these right now…
On What Should I Read Next:
This week’s guest decided it was time to branch out from her comfort zone of nonfiction and introduce more novels into her rotation, she took action again… by reaching out to WSIRN for help. We discuss parenthood, complex family stories, and the tricky task of avoiding book hangovers.
Have a great weekend!