Happy weekend, readers! I’m hitting the road to visit family tonight and still haven’t decided what books I’m packing. Send help!
My favorite finds from around the web:
- The Battle of the Book Cover: U.K. versus U.S. Hat tip to Mel Jouwan for the great read!
- Emma Thompson Gets A Shock At 60. Fascinating interview.
- A friend sent me these erasable highlighters and I loooove them.
- Book subtitles are getting ridiculously long. What is going on? I enjoyed my conversation with Rachel Kramer Bussel for this! What do you think about book subtitles?
- Our Kitchen Garden Plan. I’m always interested in seeing how other people garden.
I can’t resist a #littlefreelibrary. If I walk or drive by one and I have a book even remotely handy, I’m leaving it for a future patron to find. I hope someone is happy to find this copy of I’d Rather Be Reading in this one. (Follow me on Instagram @annebogel.)
On the blog:
One year ago: 6 things I’m loving for early summer. The little, everyday things that brought me a disproportionate amount of happiness. (And still do, one year later!)
Two years ago: What’s your reading personality?
Three years ago: 17 big, fat books for your summer reading. I still love a giant doorstop of a book in the summertime.
Four years ago: A first-timer’s adventures at Book Expo America and BookCon. These annual events just happened last week/weekend and it was fun watching everyone there.
Five years ago: Gift ideas for men.
On the podcast:
Hannah Christmas is a stay at home mom whose reading life changed forever when she had a baby. Not only how much she read, or when she read, but the big-picture long-term-plan way she wanted to share her love of reading with the world. We talked about fresh blood in the bookselling world, the treatment for a serious overdose of books set in New York City, literary handcrafts, and much much more. Plus, you’ve got to check out her Narnia embroidery!
Have a great weekend!