Happy Friday, readers! This week I’ve gotten to meet up with bookish friends who live close to home AND far away, and do some cool readerly stuff like interview Celeste Ng for her book tour stop in my hometown. My big weekend plans include dinner with friends who are moving away (sniff) and working on my book for a hundred hours.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- I had so much fun talking summer reading with Annie Downs! Which makes sense: her podcast is literally called That Sounds Fun.
- On my shopping list: this Whisper Cotton V-Neck Pocket Tank from Madewell.
- Colorado author Peter Heller tapped personal life in new novel ‘The River.’ Great behind the scenes info on one of my 2019 Minimalist Summer Reading Guide selections.
- The humble receipt gets a brilliant redesign. What do you think about this?
- Man Repeller included One Great Book in their list of 8 Addicting Podcasts You Definitely Haven’t Heard Of. “I love poking around people’s bookshelves to see what they’ve read. It’s like an exhibition of their most personal innerworkings. This podcast makes good on that appeal, with host Anne Bogel—who literally wrote the book on the delights of reading—taking one book from her shelf each week and explaining why it’s so special. If you’re looking for recommendations that get straight to the point, this is for you!”
I had to take one last shot of my favorite reading nook before I take this fiddle outside for the season. First I’m stopping to high five myself for making it through another winter without killing it.🌱Follow me on Instagram @annebogel.
On the blog:
One year ago: 20 interesting recipes to make for dinner with boneless skinless chicken breasts. You’re welcome!
Two years ago: Interest span vs attention span. “It’s not our attention span that causes us to zone out when we’re bored; it’s our interest span.”
Three years ago: My favorite fictional mothers.
Four years ago: “You have to tell people what you’re interested in. “This is going to sound awkward, he said, but I was just listening to this podcast, and it said that you have to tell people what you’re interested in, because you never know who can help you.”
On the podcast:
Producer Brenna Frederick joined me on the show this week to hook SEVERAL What Should I Read Next listeners up with their perfect Summer read. Boy, did I have recommendations…
Have a great weekend!