Bookish PSA: Triangle Reads tickets are now buy one, get one free. BOTH tickets include lunch and a $15 voucher for books. Get your tickets now!
(We will most definitely have some kind of MMD meet-up for this event.)
My favorite finds from around the web:
• Why I read more than one book at a time. “I am a firm believer in reading more than one book at a time. I might change that habit one day, but for now I like the way the ideas and concepts from different authors hang out together in my soul. They trade ideas, contradict one another, see the world from all different corners.”
• Top 6 wines that pair best with your child’s crappy behavior. Got an explosive poopy diaper, banged-up fender, or middle-schooler who needs an attitude adjustment? There’s a wine for that.
• Septembering. “And in some ways, you do love September. You love the idea of September anyway – love it so much that it takes you a while to figure out why you’re a little blue and angsty. Why you’re having a hard time waking up in the mornings and a hard time motivating during the day in spite of the sweeping change in atmosphere and the perfect bite of chill in the air.”
• Why you hate Google’s new logo. “Its old logo’s typeface—reminiscent of literature, newspapers, printing—had a reassuring hint of history …. The new logo retains the rainbow of colors but sheds the grownup curlicues: it now evokes children’s refrigerator magnets, McDonald’s French fries, Comic Sans.”
What I’m reading this week:
• Edenbrooke, which is one of the top 5 books I hear “I can’t believe you haven’t read that!” about.
• 10% Happier by Dan Harris. I’m enjoying this much more than I expected.
On the blog:
Right now: Don’t miss the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle, on sale now through Monday. Buy it today and gain free access to the essential oils webinar, so you know exactly what to do with those three essential oils you get for free as a bonus. My post about the Bundle resources I want to use is here.
Two years ago: How I find time to read.
Have a great weekend!