Over the past 9 months (behind the scenes) and 6 months (in public) I’ve been working on my new podcast What Should I Read Next.
It’s been so much fun. It’s also a lot of work, and that’s where you come in.
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented book-lover who can be my right hand for all the behind-the-scenes action for the podcast.
I believe the best candidate for this position will be someone who is already in this little community in some way—and is already a WSIRN listener and all-around podcast fan. I’m looking for someone who already “gets” what we do around here, and would love to help bring the vision of MMD and WSIRN to fruition.
This is work, yeah, but it’s also a lot of fun. (Because books! Podcasts! Books!) I’m looking for someone who works hard but enjoys the process.
Position: Production Assistant
Hours: 5-10 hours/week
Schedule: We can develop a schedule that works for you, although days/times will be pretty consistent from week to week.
Location: Louisville, Kentucky. Much of the work can and will be done remotely, but I’m crossing my fingers that the perfect person is reading this right now from the Louisville area.
Starting date: August or September 2016
Looking for someone who is:
- A bibliophile
- Very organized: good with systems, great at getting things done
- A self-starter who works well independently
- An excellent communicator
- Already comfortable with or comfortable with learning: WordPress, Canva or other photo editor, Dropbox, Google Drive, Audacity/Garage Band, Libsyn, Trello, IFTTT.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Listen: Listen to raw tape to flag content that needs editing and awesome clips that would be great for sharing; list all books for show notes.
- Write: Prep show notes for the blog and iTunes.
- Read: Read reviews and provide feedback.
- Logistics: You will be the left brain of this operation. I need someone who relishes organization, details, and planning to a timeline.
- Communicate: We’ll do much of the work online, which means stellar communication is a must. We will use Slack, Google Drive, text/email, and Trello (if Will gets his way and teaches me how it works) on a regular basis to keep each other up to date on what needs to be done, when, and by whom.
- Plan: I’m an idea person, and I’d love to hear yours.
- Share: Create social media images/posts for WSIRN and podcast guests.
- Special projects: Because wouldn’t it be fun to have some occasionally?
Do you sound like the right person for the job? (Or do you know someone who does? Please share this with them!)
Click here to apply.
UPDATE: I have filled this position.