It’s Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Today I’m talking with blogger and author Preston Yancey. Preston is a writer, a baker, and is in the process of becoming an Anglican priest. To dispel any stereotypes you may have about that, he loves HBO, Tivo, good wine, and The Nanny Diaries.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links. More details here.
• Paradise Lost by John Milton
• The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
• The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin
• Life of Pi by Yann Martel
• Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
• The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
• The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
• The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
• The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
• Gossip Girl Series by Cecily von Ziegesar
• Little Children by Tom Perrotta
• A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
• Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
• Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
• Bleak House by Charles Dickens
• Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
• Angels in America by Tony Kushner
• The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
• Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
• I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
• Elegant Universe by Brian Green
• The Study of the Bible in the Middle Ages by Beryl Smalley
• Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy
• Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
• Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
• The Knockoff by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza
Try Audible for yourself:
Like the podcast? Your review helps the new show so much!
- Tap/click iTunes or App Store.
- Search for “What Should I Read Next”
- Tap/click on the square picture of the book + headphones
- If you’re not signed in, tap Use Existing Apple ID. (If you don’t have an Apple ID, tape Create New Apple ID.)
- Select a star rating, enter a title, write your short review, and tap/click Send.
Do YOU have an idea for what Preston should read next? Tell us in comments!