All right, here’s the deal. You have a magical Amazon gift card. Fifty bucks. You must use it on books, and you must use it in the next fifteen minutes.
No overthinking. (NO MAXIMIZING!) What do you buy?
(We’ll grant you a 10% overage, because we all know you’d gladly fork over $5 from your bank account to grab some good books for mostly free.)
I’m playing by the same rules, and this is what my cart looks like:
• Something Other Than God: How I Passionately Sought Happiness and Accidentally Found it, Jennifer Fulwiler. $17.20 (Because I want to read it, and because I want this.)
• Delancey: A Man, a Woman, a Restaurant, a Marriage, Molly Wizenberg. $18.22. Because I can’t wait to read it.
• Booked: Literature in the Soul of Me, Karen Swallow Prior. Because I keep hearing amazing things, and my library doesn’t have it. $13.50.
• Cinder, Marissa Mayer. $5.72. Ditto Booked. (Fabulous reviews; my library doesn’t have it; it’s $5.)
Grand total: $54.64.
Okay. So I only got four, but:
1. I got two hot new releases, plus
2. A bonus ebook I can’t wait to read, plus
3. Physical books, which I personally think are worth paying more for than the ebooks, plus
4. I have four new books on my shelf I’m psyched to dive into.
I’m pretty pleased with my virtual haul. What’s in yours?
This post contains my affiliate links. Thanks for supporting MMD!