Today is a What Should I Read Next milestone - our very first mailbag episode! We invited our newsletter subscribers and Instagram followers for their burning questions, and I did my best to answer. If you've ever been curious about the inner workings of the WSIRN team, what my typical day looks like, how to get on the show yourself, or what book changed MY life, today's episode holds the answers to these questions (and MANY more).
Let's jump right in!
Books mentioned in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• Crossing to Safety, by Wallace Stegner
• I Am Pilgrim, by Terry Hayes
• 11/22/63, by Stephen King
• The Passage, by Justin Cronin
• Station Eleven, Emily St. John
• A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman
• The One In A Million Boy, by Monica Wood
• A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles
• One True Loves, by Taylor Jenkins Reed
• Garden Spells, by Sarah Addison Allen
• Practical Magic, by Alice Hoffman
• The Terrible Thing That Happened To Barnaby Brocket, by John Boyne
• Rules of Civility, by Amor Towles
• The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, by Rachel Joyce
• Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand, by Helen Simonson
• Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day, by Winifred Watson
• 5 Children and It, by E. Nesbitt
• The Railway Children, by E. Nesbitt
• Blood Meridian: Or the Evening Redness in the West, by Cormac McCarthy
• Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, by Annie Dillard
• The Babysitter’s Club, by Ann M. Martin
• Emily of New Moon, by L. M. Montgomery
Thanks to this week's sponsors:
Madison Reed is revolutionizing the way women color their hair with gorgeous, salon-quality multidimensional hair color delivered to your door, saving you a ton of time and a ton of money. Join the hundreds of thousands of women who have tried and loved Madison Reed. Visit Madison-Reed.com and use promo code READ NEXT for 10% off plus free shipping on your first color kit.
Founded by two flight attendants who wanted a stylishly functional handbag, Baggallini helps women stay organized every day with ultralight, durable handbags and travel accessories.
For a limited time, Baggallini is giving What Should I Read Next? listeners $50 off their first order! Just visit Baggallini.com/readnext and use Promo Code READNEXT.
For less than $10 a meal, Blue Apron delivers seasonal recipes along with pre-portioned ingredients, right to your door. Check out this week’s menu and get your first three meals FREE — plus free shipping —by going to BlueApron.com/READNEXT.