Hello readers, it’s Tuesday again! Time for a sparkling new episode of What Should I Read Next.
Today’s guest is Graylin Porter, World-Lit-major-with-a-Masters-in-Modern-&-Contemporary-Lit-turned-children’s-librarian who is expecting a new addition to her family very very soon (hint: it’s a baby!). Graylin shares a peek behind the library curtain with us, including the struggles of keeping a children’s section stocked, what she will miss most about the library when she leaves her position later this year, and the one genre her book club knows they can count on her to read.
This is another good one, readers. Enjoy!
Books mentioned in this episode:
• The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein
• Eloise, by Kay Thompson
• I Want My Hat Back, by Jon Klassen
• Author Mo Willems
• The Virgin Suicides, by Jeffrey Eugenides
• Revolutionary Road, by Richard Yates
• Running Wild, by J.G. Ballard
• The Mothers, by Britt Bennett
• The Neopolitan Novels, by Elena Ferrante
• Enduring Love, by Ian McEwan
• A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles
• Rules of Civility, by Amor Towles
• Fates & Furies, by Lauren Groff
• The Guineveres, by Sarah Domet
• Pachinko, by Min Jin Lee. This is a new Book of the Month selection. Details here.
• 100 Artist Manifestos, by Alex Danchev
• Daily Rituals, by Mason Currey