Dear readers, it's Tuesday once again. Ready for a little literary matchmaking?
Today’s guest is Shaney Swift, a massage therapist and social justice advocate from Chicago, Illinois. If you’ve been around What Should I Read Next for a while, you know I can be a bit of a personality-type geek, and Shaney shares that enthusiasm -- prepare for a lot of nerding out! Today we talk about scanning and deep-diving reading styles, books that help us understand our differences, and what to read next when you feel like your life is in limbo.
Books discussed in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• StrengthsFinder 2.0, by Tom Rath
• My Life in France, by Julie Child
• Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table, w/Recipes, by Shauna Niequist
• How to Bake Pi: An Edible Exploration of the Mathematics of Mathematics, by Eugenia Cheng
• Julie & Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously, by Julie Powell
• The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by politics and Religion, by Jonathan Haidt
• How to Be Black, by Baratunde Thurston
• A Clearing in the Distance: Frederick Law Olmsted & America in the 19th Century, Witold
• Last Harvest: From Cornfield to New Town, by Witold Rybczynski
• Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges, by Amy Cuddy
• Daily Rituals: How Artists Work, by Mason Currey
This holiday season, Sock Club is delivering the perfect gift experience. Quality American-made socks are sent straight to your loved-one’s door, featuring different designs and a personal note every month. This is the gift that keeps giving all year long.
SockClub.com and get 15% off using discount code READNEXT at checkout.