Readers, it’s always fun to read through your guest applications. You fill our inbox with stories, goals, hilarity, and so much heart. One particularly memorable application didn’t come from today’s guest Anna Mittler — it came from one of her best friends, Charlotta, asking if we could make WSIRN a part of Anna’s upcoming bachelorette party. I don’t want to spoil the story before Anna has a chance to tell it herself, so I’ll just say that it took a full year to stitch the pieces together and get this episode to your ears, and I hope you love Anna’s story as much as we loved making it happen.
Let’s get to it!
You can follow Anna Mittler’s One-Book-Per-Country project on Instagram.
Click here to read the full episode transcription (opens in a new tab).
If you want more What Should I Read Next become a supporter on Patreon! That’s our podcast community where we share bonus audio like follow up interviews we do with past guests, podcast specific printables, and fun live events.
Books mentioned in this episode:
● Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love, by Dr. Sue Johnson EdD
● The Real Thing: Lesson On Love and Life from a Wedding Reporter’s Notebook, by Ellen McCarthy
● What Alice Forgot, by Liane Moriarty
♥ author J. K. Rowling
● The Casual Vacancy, by J. K. Rowling
● The Harry Potter series, by J. K. Rowling
● Lethal White, by Robert Galbraith
♥ author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
● Americanah, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
● Half of a Yellow Sun, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
● Purple Hibiscus, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
● Author Charles Delint (try Moonheart)
● Homegoing, by Yaa Gyasi
● Before We Visit the Goddess, by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
● The Best Short Stories of O. Henry, by O. Henry
● The Lottery and Other Stories, by Shirley Jackson
♥ Educated, by Tara Westover
▵ Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
● One Hundred Years of Solitude, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
● Transcription, by Kate Atkinson
● When Will There Be Good News?, by Kate Atkinson
● Spinning, by Tillie Walden
● Blankets, by Craig Thompson
● Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City, by Guy Delisle
● The Dinner, by Herman Koch
● Unsheltered, by Barbara Kingsolver
● The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver
● Next Year in Havana, by Chanel Cleeton
● When We Left Cuba, by Chanel Cleeton
● The House of the Spirits, by Isabel Allende
● Eva Luna, by Isabel Allende
● Delirium, by Lauren Restrepo
● The Bedlam Stacks, by Natasha Pulley
● Patreon exclusive printable booklists
● Reese Witherspoon’s book club Hello Sunshine
● Anna’s one-book-per-country project on Instagram.
● A Year of Reading the World by Ann Morgan
● Strong Sense of Place by Mel Joulwan and Dave Humphreys
● WSIRN Ep 60 w/ guest Mel Joulwan
What do YOU think Anna should read next?