Today’s guest, Karuna Riazi, is here to talk about magic. The magic of carrying a book in your bag that can teleport you to another world, the magic of a beautiful translation, and the magical pairing of a hot cup of tea and a good story. We’re also chatting about pen names, how to keep a book journal if you’re a total perfectionist, and a host of other things, but at the root of it all is everyday magic, and the books I’m recommending Karuna pick up next are totally on-theme.
Let’s get to it!
Click here to read the full episode transcription (opens in a new tab).
Books mentioned in this episode:
• The Gauntlet, by Karuna Riazi
• The Battle, by Karuna Riazi
• Author G. Willow Wilson (try Ms. Marvel)
• Author N. K. Jemisin (try The Inheritance Trilogy)
• Shiver, by Maggie Stievater
• We Are Okay, by Nina LaCour
♥ Mr. Fox, by Helen Oyeyemi
• Gingerbread, bu Helen Oyeyemi
♥ Bel Canto, by Ann Patchett
• The Dutch House, by Ann Patchett
♥ Strange Weather in Tokyo, by Hiromi Kawakami
• After Dark, by Haruki Murakami
• Norwegian Wood, by Haruki Murakami
▵ Catch 22, by Joseph Heller
• To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
• Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
• Persuasion, by Jane Austen
• In the Woods, by Tana French
• The Trespasser, by Tana French
• Every Heart a Doorway, by Seanan McGuire
• The Science of Breakable Things, by Tae Keller
• Ayesha at Last, by Uzma Jalaluddin
• The Time in Between, by Maria Duenas
What do YOU think Karuna should read next?
Let us know in the comment section below!