Today I’m getting to know Sean Larkin, a self-proclaimed “slow reader” and stay-at-home-parent. If you don’t relate to 100-book reading goals or refreshing your feed for the latest book news, Sean is the kindred reading spirit you’ve been waiting to hear from!
We’re chatting about the book that made him nostalgic for a time period before he was born, calculating price-per-page at the library book sale, the longstanding bookish obsession he’s passing on to his wife and kids, and so much more. Let's get to it!
Books mentioned in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links. More details here.
If you'd like to support your local indie, check out Indiebound.com. And by all means, go grab one of these from your local library!
• Different Seasons, by Stephen King
• The Harry Potter series, by J. K. Rowling
• I’d Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life, by Anne Bogel
• Slaughterhouse Five, by Kurt Vonnegut
• The Mysterious Affair at Styles, by Agatha Christie
♥ Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
• The Lord of the Rings, by J. R. R. Tolkein
• Dark Matter, by Blake Crouch
♥ And Then There Were None, by Agatha Christie
• Murder on the Orient Express, by Agatha Christie
♥ 11/22/63, by Stephen King
▵ The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True love and High Adventure, by William Goldman
• Seabiscuit: An American Legend, by Laura Hillenbrand
• A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail, by Bill Bryson
• Into the Wild, by Jon Krakauer
• On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, by Stephen King
• Second Sight: An Editor’s Talks on Writing, Revising, and Publishing Books for Children and Young Adults, by Cheryl B. Klein
• Underground Airlines, by Ben Winters
• Golden State, by Ben Winters
• Sleeping Giants, by Sylvain Neuvel
• Coraline, by Neil Gaiman
Thank you to today's sponsors:
Blinkist is the only app that takes thousands of the best-selling nonfiction books and distills them down to their most impactful elements, so you can read or listen to them in under 15 minutes. Go to Blinkist.com/READNEXT to start your free 7 day trial.
What do YOU think Sean would enjoy reading next? Tell us in the comments section!