Sharing 11 things I learned in October…
2. I really did quit Diet Coke. We were at an outdoor festival and they ran out of bottled water right before I reached the front of the drink line, so I got a Diet Coke instead … and it tasted gross. I threw it away immediately because I’m sure I could learn to like it again if I tried.
3. John Gottman, author of the best book you’ve never heard of on making marriage work, also writes parenting books, including the one I’m reading now.
4. The comments on this post convinced me I need to try an eyelash curler.
I’m continuing to experiment with subscribe and save to further streamline my grocery shopping. There have been setbacks: like last week my order of Muir Glen tomatoes arrived with 3 badly dented cans, but Amazon is replacing them. And this month they’re sending me the Maldon sea salt I haven’t been able to find locally, just in time for the holidays.
8. My body hates canola oil. I happened to discovered this during my current Whole 30 (I’m on Day 21).
10. All of a sudden I have endurance again. I started running–quite by accident, really–back in July. I’ve never loved running, but all of a sudden I’m enjoying it and have built up more range than I’ve had in years … without really meaning to. This is how it happened.
11. If you need to type a special character on your Mac, hold down the letter and a menu will pop up. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve googled “how to type an umlaut.” No longer.
Check out the companion post here: What I’m Into (October 2013 edition)