• My new favorite instagram feed: 5ftinf. Can you see why? (This makes me want to start a vintage Penguin Classics collection STAT.)
• Let’s be very clear about the goal. On running and depression, and outrunning depression.
• Forget business books: why reading fiction is better for your business.
• What kids around the world eat for breakfast. I’d make an excellent Brazilian. Or Turk. (Amsterdam’s national breakfast is shocking!)
• What Jane Austen taught us about finding love. Some of these are stretching a bit … but it’s Jane Austen, so I’ll let them get away with it.
• B. J. Novak reads The Book With No Pictures. My kids literally collapses in laughter watching this. On the first time, and the second, and the third.
Most popular from the blog:
• “A Diamond is Forever” and other fairy tales. Fascinating (and lengthy) comments section. I especially love the commentary from industry insiders.
• How to keep a great series from ruining your life. These simple tricks to “just say no” to one more chapter (or one more episode) aren’t obvious, but they’re effective. (It’s also fun to hear what series everyone is hooked on.)
• Let’s talk about stress baking. When life is tough, baking is a different kind of hard. That’s precisely the point.
• More thoughts on our move, like how I’m coping with living more than 100 yards from the library. (Sniff!)
Have a great weekend!