It's Tuesday, which means a new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Ed and I dive deep into the memoir genre for this episode. We also discuss creativity, artistic talent, and how chronic fatigue from sleepless nights (hello, toddlers) can really put a damper on your reading life.
Books discussed in this episode:
• The Furious Longing of God by Brennan Manning
• All Is Grace by Brennan Manning
• The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
• Smarter Faster Better: The Secrets of Being Productive in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
• When We Were on Fire by Addie Zierman
• The New York Regional Mormom Singles Halloween Dance by Elna Baker
• Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
• Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
• 'Tis: A Memoir by Frank McCourt
• Girl Meets God: On the Path to a Spiritual Life by Lauren Winner
• Still: Notes on a Mid-Faith Crisis by Lauren Winner
• Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
• 100 Days in the Secret Place by Gene Edwards
• Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
• The Quotidian Mysteries: Laundry, Liturgy, and Women's Work by Kathleen Norris
• The Art of Memoir by Mary Karr
• The Little Book of Talent by Daniel Coyle
• The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
• The Liar's Club by Mary Karr
Also mentioned in this episode:
Grove Collaborative is offering What Should I Read Next listeners a free spring cleaning kit including Mrs. Meyers soap, Mrs. Meyer's hand soap, and walnut scrubber sponges with a first order of $20 or more. Click here to get started with Grove and claim your free gifts.
Try Audible for yourself:
Like the podcast? Your review helps the new show so much!
- Tap/click iTunes or App Store.
- Search for "What Should I Read Next"
- Tap/click on the square picture of the book + headphones
- If you're not signed in, tap Use Existing Apple ID. (If you don't have an Apple ID, tape Create New Apple ID.)
- Select a star rating, enter a title, write your short review, and tap/click Send.