Today we have a special episode: we're revisiting seven guests from previous episodes of the show to find out what they actually did read next. What are they reading now? What did they love? And what did they, uh, not love as much?
I love these recap episodes. Happy listening!
Previous episodes we're circling back to:
• Ep 3: Books that made you feel smart (and not so smart), with Jacey Verdiccio
• Ep 12: Life is hard but reading doesn't have to be, with Cara Strickland
• Ep 31: Lifetime favorite books and reading for a living, with Adam Verner
• Ep 34: Books that marry fiction & reality, with Rose Booth
• Ep 35: You had me at cheese! with Katherine Willis Pershey
• Ep 36: Comfort food (but with books), with Tiffany King
• Ep 44: Like speed dating but with authors, with Annie Jones
Books mentioned in this episode:
Some links are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you, you support what we do here on What Should I Read Next. More details here.
• Me Before You, by Jojo Moyes
• Where the Red Fern Grows, by Wilson Rawls
• Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel
• The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
• Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, & Learning the Hard Way, by Shauna Niequist
• A Homemade Life, by Molly Wizenberg
• Delancey, by Molly Wizenberg
• The Beekeeper's Apprentice, by Laurie R. King
• Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, by Winifred Watson
• Kitchen Counter Cooking School, by Kathleen Flinn
• The Perfect Storm, by Sebastian Junger
• The End of the Affair, by Graham Greene
• Charlotte’s Web, by E.B. White
• A Curious Beginning, by Deanna Raybourn
• Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon
• The Time In Between, by Maria Duenas
• Girl Waits With Gun, by Amy Stewart
• The Telling Room, by Michael Paterniti
• We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves, by Karen Joy Fowler
• The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
• Babette's Feast, by Isak Dinesen
• Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, by Helen Simonson
• The Children, by Anne Leary
• Seating Arrangements, by Maggie Shipstead
• Sons & Daughters of Ease & Plenty, by Ramona Ausubel
Also mentioned in this episode:
• Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day (movie)
• Babette's Feast (movie)
Download Ibotta free from the app store, and enter READ as your referral code to get $10 just for trying it! Real cash back every time you shop - you've gotta ibotta!
Try ThirdLove’s best-selling 24/7 T-shirt bra for FREE for 30 days, just cover shipping! Start your trial now.
FabFitFun is a subscription box with premium, full-size fashion, beauty, fitness and lifestyle products. The box comes out once each season, and retails for $49.99 but always has a value over $200. What Should I Read Next listeners can use coupon code READNEXT to get $10 off their first box. Plus, if you refer a friend, you will get $15 off of your box and their friend will get $10 off their box. Subscribe at fabfitfun.com.
What's your favorite episode so far? Which previous guest would you especially like to hear back from? Tell us in comments!