Your Tuesday fix is here - a brand new episode of What Should I Read Next!
Today's guest is Ana Salazar. Ana is a Colombian who’s now living in Peru, and she’s been, as she says, "absolutely obsessed” with reading for her whole life, so much so that her parents had to physically drag her away from bookstores when she was growing up. We talk about the joys and challenges of reading across borders, unpack her love for the genre she's been loving recently, and explore why her Kindle is an absolutely magical device.
Books discussed in this episode:
• Harry potter series, by J.K. Rowling
• Who Fears Death, by Nnedi Okorafor
• Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkein
• The Neverending Story, by Michael Ende
• The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
• The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Díaz
• This is How You Lose Her, by Junot Díaz
• The Interestings, by Meg Wolitzer
• The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho
• The Girl With All The Gifts, by M.R. Carey
• Harry Potter & The Cursed Child, by J.K. Rowling &
• Rich & Pretty, by Rumaan Alam
• Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy
• The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, by N.K. Jemisin
• Claire of the Sea Light, by Edwidge Danticat
• Pride & Prejudice, by Jane Austen
• Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen
• Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe
• 1984, by George Orwell
• Animal Farm, by George Orwell
• Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
•Junot Díaz' critique of liberal arts programs:
- MFA vs. POC (via The New Yorker)
- Junot Díaz's Syllabi & Reading List for His MIT Writing Class (via Open Culture)
Try ThirdLove’s best-selling 24/7 T-shirt bra for FREE for 30 days, just cover shipping! Start your trial now.
FabFitFun is a subscription box with premium, full-size fashion, beauty, fitness and lifestyle products. The box comes out once each season, and retails for $49.99 but always has a value over $200. What Should I Read Next listeners can use coupon code READNEXT to get $10 off their first box. Plus, if you refer a friend, you will get $15 off of your box and their friend will get $10 off their box. Subscribe at fabfitfun.com.
LoveTheWild is a deliciously sustainable fish company with a wild side. Visit the site, look for the podcast callout, and enter the code READNEXT to save $5 on your purchase.
* * *
Do and Ana have similar taste? Have a book recommendation for her burning in your soul? Shout it out in the comments! (And feel free to list all the ways e-readers make YOUR life magical.)