a dollar’s worth of happiness from the farmers’ market
I’m experimenting with ways to share great links more often than in my monthly What I’m Into post, and more reliably than Facebook has proven to deliver. Let me know what you think.
• I didn’t love How To Tell Toledo from the Night Sky (I’m disappointed, too), but these marriage vows you never hear at weddings but totally should from author Lydia Netzer is perfection. (h/t Vanderbilt Wife)
• The longlist for the Man Booker Prize is out. I’ve got some reading to do.
• I clapped and cheered at Deb Perelman’s announcement that she’s writing a second cookbook, because her first became an instant favorite around here. Beautiful photos, recipes that work, terrific writing.
• 14 signs you’re an old soul. (Me. Me. Me again.)
Best of MMD:
• Is Kindle Unlimited worth it? (It depends.)
• A How She Does It story from my real life friend, who holds down an on-site office job, in a non-creative field, and still managed to reconfigure her work schedule just enough to volunteer in her son’s classroom (and make it to the gym).
Have a great Sunday!