my favorite tree on my walking route
• Isla Fisher tells Ryan Reynolds why she has so many copies of Jane Eyre.
• Can you guess these books by their second lines? (I did way better on this than I expected.)
• ‘Dating’ vs. ‘married’: how text messages change over time. This dating couple said “hey” and “love” when they were dating; now that they’re married, they say “dinner” and “ok.” It’s sweeter than it sounds.
• Women need girlfriends. “Women friends are vital because they help us become or stay emotionally more stable. They lift us out of despair, they make us laugh when we want to sob, they force us to keep living when we don’t want to.”
Most popular from the blog:
• Books so gorgeous they just might turn me into a collector. The comments are full of book love, and I took copious notes as I read through which books you are swooning over.
• The future belongs to the super-techies, the conscientious, and the thick-skinned. The most-shared post of the week.
Have a great weekend!