My favorite finds from around the web:
• .23 signs your Jane Austen addition is getting out of hand. “Who needs reality when you’ve got Mr. Darcy?”
• Book reviewers: are you a teacher or a shredder? “I realize now that I should have written critical reviews, too. To remain silent on a book that didn’t live up to my expectations was to do a disservice to readers of my review blog.”
• The 1979 6-year old: less reading, more range. “Crossing streets? Turning corners? Even though I suspect I did it myself, I can’t get my head around it. I have two kindergarteners this year (and one will be 6 in just a few weeks), and I check on them if I let them walk solo to the bookstore’s bathroom.”
What I’m reading this week:
• The Secret Garden. For the first time. FINALLY.
• Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Also, finally.
• Listening to: These Is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine. Again, finally. My mom’s been telling me to read this for ten years. (Hot tip: if you think you might ever read this, don’t go read the Amazon description because it gives everything away.)
On the blog:
Have a great weekend!