Bookish PSA: Today’s Kindle deals are all kinds of fabulous. So many great series on sale. Check out the list here. (Page updated daily.)
My favorite finds from around the web:
• The Oregon Trail generation: life before and after mainstream tech. “If you can distinctly recall the excitement of walking into your weekly computer lab session and seeing a room full of Apple 2Es displaying the start screen of Oregon Trail, you’re a member of this nameless generation, my friend.”
• 25 times Gilbert Blythe melted your heart. These are GIFs and they are awesome. But fair warning: you are going to want to watch seven hours of Anne movies after you scroll through these.
• Five habits of creative people. “There is no secret trick to becoming more creative, but the good news is creativity is a skill you can build.”
• How to become a better reader in 10 steps. Always have plenty of reading material on hand, abandon what you don’t like, don’t fight your inclinations. These are good.
On my nightstand:
• Anne of Green Gables. The natural response to grief over Jonathan Crombie.
• The Heroine’s Bookshelf by Erin Blakemore. This was a bit uneven, but I loved the chapters on L. M. Montgomery (and her Anne) and Margaret Mitchell (and her Scarlett).
On the blog:
My favorite things to buy at Trader Joe’s. 21 of my offbeat favorites, and the excellent comments are growing my grocery list.
What it’s like to read for a living. “All kinds of new book-related jobs are popping up these days because of the internet and social media. More and more people are creating their own made-to-fit book-related jobs. I have one of those.”
What are your go-to weeknight dinners? So many good ideas here.
Have a great weekend!