Happy weekend, readers! I hope you have something to look forward to this weekend, and that this collection of good reads and interesting things puts you in the right frame of mind. Happy reading!
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Doesn’t this sweatshirt just scream “spring”? Those colors make me so happy.
- Publishing’s New Power Club. This is great to see.
- I’m a Short Afternoon Walk and You’re Putting Way Too Much Pressure on Me. Perhaps a little too on the nose?
- This mug definitely captures my weekend intentions.
- Anne Lamott reflects on the popularity of her spiritual books and how she became ‘a pretty decent writer’. There’s no one quite like Lamott.
- Notting Hill Is a Rom-Com About the Joy of Staying at Home. I hadn’t thought about it this way before but I love this spin from R. Eric Thomas.
- My daughter and I are sewing for the first time in FOREVER. We’re attempting this shirt, wish us luck!
- Why Your Brain Feels Broken. “’For many of us, life has changed from being divided in well-defined areas of work, kids, activities, to a situation where everything is a mix,’ Dr. Eckerström said, and that muddling puts a strain on our cognitive abilities.”
- In Praise of Aunties: The Ultimate Home Cooks. Love this! The recipes sound great too.
- St. Paul laundry expert cleaning up in March with a new book and a streaming series on Discovery Plus. I can’t wait to watch! (I loved the book.)
Reading People is on sale!
My first book Reading People: How Seeing the World through the Lens of Personality Changes Everything is on sale for only $1.99 at all digital retailers! Learning about and exploring personality frameworks has transformed my life. But these frameworks aren’t always easy to understand, and not just because the amount of information out there can be totally overwhelming.
I walk you through 7 different frameworks, explaining the basics in a way you can actually understand, sharing personal stories about how what I learned made a difference in my life, and showing you how it could make a difference in yours, as well. Scoop up your copy today!
Don’t miss these posts:
- Try the Bakewell tart, and other rules I’m learning to live by. My husband Will and I traveled to Scotland in December 2018 for an amazing literary adventure. Our time there was magical, though I do have a handful of regrets. Some were beyond our control, but one was completely preventable…
- My favorite book journaling tools. If you’ve ever described yourself as a pen junkie, or can’t visit a bookstore without browsing the stationery section, this list is for you.
Have a great weekend!