What are your weekend plans? I’m starting to read Summer Reading Guide 2021 books in earnest, and I have some serious tidying to do. But first I need to finish this great book recommended by a What Should I Read Next guest and our producer Brenna!
I hope you enjoy these interesting reads and fun things to get your weekend started.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- All Epistolary Novels Are Mysteries. I like this framing.
- I am swooning over this puzzle table!
- 43 Books By Women of Color to Read in 2021. So many books I’m looking forward to!
- Everything Your Coconut Milk Can Do. So many great ideas!
- Amanda Gorman Will Be Youngest-Ever Inaugural Poet. Anyone else blown away by Amanda Gorman? Be sure to check out her first children’s book, coming out in September.
- Related: Amanda Gorman’s books are topping best seller lists and they haven’t even been released yet. This is wonderful—and after that performance, not a tiny bit surprising.
- Zora’s Spirit and the Town it Saved. Important literary history.
- At my house we’ve been enjoying this classic game from my childhood. I’m so glad we finally added it to our game cabinet this season!
- Drive-by burials and FaceTime farewells: Grief in the Covid era will weigh on the American psyche for years to come.
- Melinda Gates Is Donating $250,000 to Fund a Literary Award Just for Women. The award also has a wonderful mentorship component.
- Yes, the Pandemic Is Ruining Your Body. Dire title but we need to be aware of how our overall health has been impacted by the pandemic.
- Here’s 33 writers on why they write. Great inspiration.
- A Julia Child TV Series Is Coming to HBO Max. Interesting development!
Don’t miss these posts:
- 16 books to cozy up with this winter. It’s the perfect time of year to get lost in a good book.
- 5 favorite recipes for soup season. Soup is a go-to for our family on those chilly, busy nights!
- 13 books you’ll just HAVE to talk to someone about. I love when this happens.
Have a great weekend!