How are you spending your first days of October? I’m looking forward to some time outdoors, and to reading up a storm in preparation for future projects. (It’s a tough job…)
I hope you enjoy this collection of interesting reads and fun things to carry you into your weekend.
My favorite finds from around the web:
- Jane Austen’s Novel, Persuasion, Will Be Adapted Into a Movie. I’ve been asking the universe for a REALLY GOOD Persuasion adaptation for a good long time and … maybe this could be it? Fingers crossed!
- How To Hand Wash & Dry Clean Your Clothes At Home. Need-to-know info as we head into sweater season.
- V.E. Schwab on the ‘defiant joy’ of her epic novel The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue. Great interview. I loved this book!
- Eater Staffers Pick Their Favorite Smitten Kitchen Recipes. “Our editors cook more now than ever — and keep returning to Deb Perelman’s blog to do so.” Yep, me too.
- It’s October so clearly I need this print from the ever-quotable Anne of Green Gables.
- Netflix Picks Up Song Exploder for New TV Series. The trailer looks so good! It’s the perfect podcast to adapt to TV.
- Out There, Nobody Can Hear You Scream. “There are risks to being Black in the outdoors; I am simply willing to assume them.”
- 13 Books We Love Set in the Library Because Libraries Are the Best. If there’s ever been a book list with my name on it, this is it.
- Isn’t this doormat the cutest?
- True justice is not numb to emotion. It would never ‘justify’ tragedy. “Rather than going by the book, justice allows us to question the book itself.” A thoughtful op-ed, written by my friend.
- Ramona Forever. “Ramona has always been reimagined to meet her world.”
- How Do People Picnic Around the Globe? Great ideas for anyone wanting to mix things up. Also: outdoor heaters are already scarce?!
Don’t miss these posts:
- 31 spooky (but not too scary) books for your fall reading list. ‘Tis the season!
- Let’s talk about stress baking. I’m curious if anyone has been doing more stress baking this year.
- 6 Fall Style Essentials. I’m so ready for sweater weather.
Have a great weekend!